Where did my mind go now?

If you happen to see my mind wandering around would you be so kind as to direct it back to me? While it's nice to be oblivious to the chaos around me, it might also be nice to figure out how to deal with it other than to stare in confusion and drool.



Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Great Godess Mom

I love my family with all my heart and soul.  My children are the driving force in my life. Thanks to them I push myself to do more than I saw myself doing in previous years. 

As a child I never once said, "When I grow up I want to be overwhelmed with work and kids and animals and never have enough time to sleep or do something fun for myself!" I was going to do something exotic that required traveling to other countries and being worshipped for the godess I know I was meant to be. I did not see myself surrounded by dishes, laundry, pull ups, dust, bossy cats and pushy dogs, car parts (my son's "temporary" contribution to the home decor) and having to balance a checkbook that has no equilibrium.

Sometimes, however, I dream of running away to some tropical island where I will be served drinks of various colors and flavors sporting little umbrellas by a well muscled male wearing a small loin cloth.  He is there at my beck and call. He does the laundry.

This is my fantasy. I know it'll never happen, but I can dream.

While the toys spread themselves across the floor. While the dogs are trying to sneak food one of the kids left sitting unattended and knock the plate to the carpet. While dinner waits patiently for someone to come and cook it. While the laundry sits waiting for it's turn in the washer. While I wait for the pain to subside from stubbing my toe on a manifold. My mind is in another place wishing fervently for my body to arrive.

Alas, I am a mom.... and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment