Where did my mind go now?

If you happen to see my mind wandering around would you be so kind as to direct it back to me? While it's nice to be oblivious to the chaos around me, it might also be nice to figure out how to deal with it other than to stare in confusion and drool.



Friday, January 7, 2011

I Remember When

I remember when....

I got invited to all the cool parties every weekend... now, I'm just the bass player's mom.

I had exciting places to go on weeknights... now, I just want to stay home with my coffee and fuzzy blanket.

I could sleep 20 minutes and function for 2 days... now, I can't even stay zzzzzz........

I rode the rank horses no one else would... now, it's a struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

I remembered everything anyone said to me... now, I forget what I'm saying mid... wait, what?

I had a size 5 waist... now, my thighs have a size 5 waist.

I knew everything there was to know... now, I think I knew it once, but I'm not sure what it was.

I could walk in high heels all day and dance in them all night... now, I aauugghhh... that hurt.

I could hear a pin drop at 50 paces... now, I have the t.v. volume turned up to 60.

I could remember everything on my grocery list... now, I can't remember why I walked into a room.

I was going to do things differently than my mom did... now, I sound just like my mom.

I was going to travel all over the world... now, I can say I've been to every corner of  my mind. Twice.

I would take a morning run for the fun of it... now, a run to the corner requires my car.

I don't know when it all became memories. It just happened. Time started sneaking up on me.  It caught up to me. Then it just kept on sneaking by and left me behind, bewildered and bedraggled.

Try to tell your kids that time really does fly and they laugh at you, behind your deafened back of course.  It's not until years later, when your daughter is dying her hair back to it's original color or your son now knows what a prostrate is, that they finally tell you that you were right.

"Mom, you were right."

Aha! Victory! They finally admitted it! Out loud! Now, if they would just speak up a little so I can hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment